Over the past decade, we’ve seen awareness grow for micronutrients and their pivotal role in soil and crops.
However, micronutrient deficiencies—especially zinc and boron deficiencies—remain widespread. Left unchecked, deficiencies hurt both crop yield and quality.
Solving these issues starts with more knowledge and bringing together both policy leaders and agricultural stakeholders. That’s the goal of the upcoming Global Micronutrient Summit 2.0 (GMS) taking place October 5-6 in New Delhi, India. U.S. Borax is proud to support this event as principal partner.
What is the Global Micronutrient Summit?
GMS is the premier event for micronutrient insights, organized by the International Zinc Association with co-organizer the Fertiliser Association of India. The conference explores the connection between micronutrients and soil, crops, and food supply security.
This two-day event—October 5-6 in New Delhi, India—is the region’s largest organized gathering dedicated to complete micronutrient education.
Attendees have the opportunity to hear from and network with industry experts, government officials and policymakers, micronutrient researchers, and international agencies.
Originally launched in 2019, the Global Micronutrient Summit’s goal is to elevate the importance of micronutrients. While much attention is given to macronutrients, micronutrients such as boron and zinc are vital to plant physiology. In some cases, micronutrients increase the effectiveness of macronutrients.
No event brings together industry experts and the latest insights quite like GMS. By attending the event, you will:
- Learn about the role of micronutrients in plants
- Gain access to micronutrient policy-related discussions
- Network with leaders and agricultural experts
- Hear crop-specific success stories
- Understand global and domestic micronutrient fertilizer trends
- See how micronutrient fertilizers support food security and economic growth
- Get the latest technology and policy updates
Featured U.S. Borax speakers
We’re excited to announce two confirmed sessions led by U.S. Borax experts.
Fabiano Silvestrin, principal advisor of global market development, will host a session dedicated to boron’s role in plant nutrition and the differences between boron sources.
Weng Kee Ch’ng, regional sales manager and agronomist for APAC, is presenting on boron’s use in oil palm.
Sandip Shinde, technical marketing specialist, is presenting on fortified fertilizers.
In addition to myself, U.S. Borax senior sales managerJavier Jusue de Olives will be attending.
A few special chief guests from the Government of India are scheduled to attend this year’s summit, including:
- The Hon’ble Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya
- The Hon’ble Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Mr. Kailash Choudhary
- Secretary, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Mr. Rajat Kumar Mishra
- Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Mr. Manoj Ahuja
Time is limited, register today!
We’re only weeks away from this year’s event and you don’t want to miss the chance to participate in the largest micronutrients event.