Questions to Ask When Buying Boron
The best way to measure boron supplement value is to look beyond the initial price point. Low-quality, unrefined products can quickly eat up any cost savings by being ineffective—or actually creating new problems. When evaluating products, ask about the real
value of the borate you’re buying:
- How much useable, water-soluble boron does the product contain?
- Has the product been refined to remove contaminants such as arsenic, lithium, and aluminum?
- Does the product support multiple types of application?
- What is the product’s bulk density?
- Can the product make boron available throughout the growing season?
- Is the product durable (eg, crush resistant during transport)?
- What is the typical particle size (for granulated boron products)?
- What is the price per useable measure of boron?