U.S. Borax products are fully refined to remove impurities and maximize potential plant uptake. This process results in a pure, natural product that provides optimized nutrition throughout the growing season.
The U.S. Borax refining process involves several important steps:
- We mine high-quality sodium-borate ore that is naturally low in calcium and other contaminants
- We dissolve the ore in water
- We settle the dissolved borate liquor to remove impurities
- We cool the liquor and then further wash and filter the resulting crystal slurry
- We dry the refined slurry to produce dry borate crystals
- We check our products for purity, solubility, consistency, and optimal granulation
- We constantly conduct and review field tests and other research to improve our products and services
Production Process of Refined Borates at U.S. Borax
Crude Ulexite Ore from Other Borate Providers
Most other borates go through only minimal (if any) processing. These products are merely washed, dried and calcinated, and granulated. As a result, they are typically less soluble, contain more contaminants, are inconsistently sized, and provide less reliable boron availability rates than refined boron.